Genius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialization services. Founded on integrity, we provide innovative and data-driven solutions to a large number of sports leagues and federations and we have become a trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as MLB, FIBA and the English Premier League. Headquartered in London and across over 15 locations worldwide, we are establishing a new research and development center for Artificial Intelligence in Sports in Santa Monica, CA focusing on leveraging the vast amounts of unique data available to the company.
Genius Sports is looking for highly motivated data and statistical modeling problem solvers who are capable of diving deep into hard scientific problems and coming up with elegant solutions. We are a rapidly growing team undertaking a range of projects and we are interested in hiring for a variety of positions from the Junior to more Senior level.
- Explore and design solutions for products using a wide variety of datasets and problem areas including (but not limited to):
- player health and performance analysis
- probabilistic modeling of sports outcomes
- digital advertising
- personalized web experiences
- Build and maintain robust ETL pipelines for deploying and maintaining production models
- Wrangling and storing raw or unstructured data
- Interface with product and R&D teams to help deliver creative solutions where applicable
- Bachelor’s degree (MS/PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.
- 2+ years of statistical/mathematical modeling and/or machine learning
- 2+ years of experience in Python (preferred), R, C/C++, Java or Scala
- Hands on expertise in one or more of the following areas: supervised learning, neural networks/deep learning, and/or recommender systems
- Expertise with one or more associated libraries (or their equivalent)
- Scikit-learn, Tensorflow/Theano/Caffe/Torch, Apache Spark MLlib, DeepLearning4j, OpenCV
- Desire and ability to quickly adapt to learn and use new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
|Job Category||Development, Software Development|
|Salary||A competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience|
|Training||A generous annual allocated training budget|
|Insurance||Group medical, dental, vision and life insurance|