IT Infrastructure Engineer
Genius Sports is the leading provider of sophisticated data-driven software to the global sports betting and lottery sectors. Our products enable bookmakers and lottery operators to increase revenues by improving the efficiency and usability of their existing sportsbooks. We require an experienced systems engineer to join our IT Infrastructure Team.
As an infrastructure engineer you will work hand-in-hand with the development, IT services and technical services team leads and stakeholders to deliver secure, scalable, robust infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include:
- The deployment, maintenance and evolution of a highly available, robust and scalable infrastructure platform to support market leading products to high value customers with high expectations.
- Close collaboration with our development, infrastructure and technical services teams to deliver new features and products.
- Ownership of all physical infrastructure, compute capacity, SAN and NAS storage, and IP transit and ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Infrastructure services include physical, virtual compute capacity, storage networks, fibre channel networking, multicast traffic distribution, physical data center and IP transit management.
- Specification of SLAs for all services offered by IT Infrastructure. Evolution of agreed SLAs in accordance with progressing business requirements.
- Measuring, monitoring, reporting, and alerting against SLAs and other key metrics.
- Investigation and resolution of technical problems reported by internal and external customers.
- Involvement with capacity planning to 6, 12 and 18 month estimates.
- A competitive salary that is negotiable based on experience.
- An annual allocated training budget.
- Private health and life insurance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of core technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, SNMP, and TLS/SSL.
- Experience of VMware ESXi and other virtualisation technologies.
- Experience with storage technologies such as Fibre Channel and iSCSI based SANs.
- Experience with networking concepts such as routing, switching and load balancing.
- Experience of cloud hosting with Azure, AWS or another cloud provider.
- The ability to troubleshoot Clustering, MS Application, Third party Application, Active Directory, Hardware and other esoteric issues.
- Experience in the administration of virtualized environments, NAS/SANs and network topologies both private and in the cloud.
- Knowledge of site to site and road warrior VPN technologies such as IPSec
Advanced knowledge of building fault-tolerant systems. Software and Hardware Clustering and Load balancing systems.
- At least 4 years’ experience of Networking, Storage and Virtualization engineering/3rd Line escalation/Architecture.
- Experience of managing and configuring the following hardware technologies/systems. Dell PowerEdge / F5 BIG-IP / Cisco IOS / Juniper Junos.
- Experience of working in a managed hosting environment.
- A working knowledge of Layer 3 routing.
- A working knowledge of Layer 2 switching.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and collaboration – keen to share knowledge, maintain documentation and communicate progress to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with people of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and adherence to documented standards.
- The ability to prioritize work from many sources, deal with distractions and show initiative.
- A tidy mind – always seeking to standardize and remove anomalies /exceptions from systems.
- Participation in a flexible Triage on call rota.
- Principal escalation contact for the on call rota.
- Acceptance of emergency on call for specialist areas.