PA to MD
This is a new role, reporting to the Group Chief Commercial Officer’s EA, which will be demanding and varied and will require a high level of organisation. The individual will be required to manage and prioritise multiple requests, often simultaneously! The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, have lots of enthusiasm and initiative and be looking to further their career as a PA. This is a role that the individual will have the opportunity to make their own and would suit someone who is prepared to go above and beyond for their boss. This is part of an exciting and established area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional projects and grow the role supporting the commercial team if the candidate has the ambition to grow the role.
- PA support to the MD; diary management, inbox management, expenses, arranging client lunches/dinners and other ad hoc tasks where required.
- Extensive international and national travel arrangements for the MD – ensuring that travel arrangements are booked timely and within budget.
- Organising and often attending internal and external client meetings, including drafting agendas, documents, minute taking and following up on action points.
- Production of high-level company and project PowerPoint presentations, proposals, Heads of Terms, letters, Board reports etc.
- Personal administration and travel for the MD where necessary.
- Implementation of an individual, efficient and effective communication method with the MD.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications department to maintain and organise the annual industry conference calendar and ensuring that conference passes are booked in advance and prices are negotiated.
- Providing support in planning for exhibitions such as ICE Totally Gaming and working closely with the Group CCO’s EA and Operations teams to ensure the smooth running of such events.
- Manage the commercial contract logging process with the in-house Legal Department.
- Maintaining the business development contact details database / CRM management.
- Assisting to manage tender and proposal processes and requirements as required.
- Working with other members of the administration team to provide ad hoc support and cover where necessary. Please note that due to the nature of the role, it is not strictly a typical 9 – 5 position and there will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work/ travel
- A real team player who effectively interacts with peers and helps motivate other members of the team
- Proactive in problem solving and issues resolution.
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- High level of computer literacy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in central London
- Competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience
- Generous annual allocated training budget
- Private health and life insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Scheme
- Child Care Scheme
- Work Place Pension