Radar Signal Processing Scientist
Genius Sports is seeking a senior radar signal processing expert who is capable of diving deep into hard scientific problems and coming up with elegant solutions to a range of problems in the sports data industry. You will be responsible for developing and implementing radar signal processing algorithms. We are seeking a person who is deeply familiar with radar system analysis as well as radar signal processing, and who has applied both in practice.
With a wide range of novel, constantly updated data sets and close relationships with major global sporting bodies, Genius Sports offers an excellent environment to tackle a wide range of interesting challenges and bring their solutions to market.
- PhD or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent commercial experience
- A minimum of four years experience of developing algorithms for commercial FMCW radar systems solutions and products.
- Excellent understanding of radar theory and radar signals, in particular linear FMCW waveform design.
- Excellent applied math skills in linear algebra, detection theory, estimation theory and optimization.
- Experience in using radar raw I/Q data to estimate range, Doppler, and direction of arrival (DOA). Deep familiarity with CFAR detectors, Beam forming, DOA super-resolution algorithms such as MUSIC and MVDR.
- Experience in designing multiple-target trackers, based on Kalman filtering.
- Expert knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithms and the use of convolutional neural networks for radar target classification using point-cloud and micro-Doppler data.
- Expert in radar sensor fusion and multiple radars based systems.
- Deep expertise in MATLAB. Familiarity with one or more programming languages and associated numerical libraries, particularly Python (numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Experience in working and configuring FMCW radars
- Experience in working with 24GHz and 77GHz band radars.
|Job Category||Development, Software Development|
|Salary||A competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience|
|Training||A generous annual allocated training budget|
|Insurance||Group health and life insurance|