Genius Sports Group Limited, (“Genius Sports” or “We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of website use, and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Genius Sports Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09706742, our registered office is 25a Soho Square, London, W1D 4FA.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.geniussports.com (the “site”). We may ask you for information when you report a problem with the site;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
· we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
· details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
· to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any of the third parties that we work with, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· if Genius Sports’ or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
· in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, this includes co-operation with any investigation carried out by any body investigating criminal or fraudulent behaviour;
· in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with companies and organisations for the purposes of age verification, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.