Genius Sports aims to become the worlds leading sports technology and data services provider. The group works in partnership with sport to provide a full service solution for the commercialisation and development of sports IP through media and betting verticals. The commercial team of Genius Sports is tasked with acquiring sports data rights for betting and media, in exchange for a mix of cash, technology and VIK. Genius Sports currently has an impressive portfolio of exclusive data deals with rights holders and agencies and this stable of rights is set to grow considerably in the short to medium term.
Reporting to the Genius Sports Commercial Director – Asia, this is an exciting role which will contribute significantly to the aggressive company growth aspirations of the Board and Executive Team. In what is a challenging regional opportunity, the successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the establishment and rapid growth of the organisation’s sport facing commercial team in Asia as well as assisting the media and betting divisions of the business to grow presence and sales in the region where required.
- Join the commercial team in Asia, with the overall high level objective of acquiring access and rights to targeted approved sports/events (games/matches) annually for Genius Sports.
- Rapidly grow brand awareness and relevant industry awareness throughout the region.
- Become a key member of the commercial team in Asia
- Support the implementation of the Genius Sports Commercial Strategy in Asia, and assist the Commercial Director – Asia with the ongoing development of Genius Sports strategy
- Responsibility for a sub-set of the revenue and event/rights acquisitions budget for Genius Sports in Asia.
- Drive ‘sales’ of Genius Sports technology and services across targeted sports to support our mission to become the world’s leading sports technology and data services provider
- To identify, strategize and drive up-sell opportunities against key accounts/sports.
This will entail:
- A 100% commercial focus
- Report on sales activity to Genius Sports Commercial Director – Asia (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Sales and acquisition activity within the Asian region
- Rights negotiations
- Key Account Management
- Analyse rights value (prospects and evaluation of existing rights performance) and direct focus/priorities in events/match/game acquisition across key sports throughout Asia
- Manage sales operational requirements in the region re scheduling, marketing, events/conferences, following up on results
- Contribute to effective use of sales tools (CRM)
- Regional and inter-continental travel to attend client and internal meetings, trade events
Key Relationships & Interactions – External
- Leagues and Federations across Football, Basketball and Volleyball
- Sports Agencies and Partners
- Active participation in targeted Industry Groups and Events
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Experience in market creation, marketing, marketing communications, sales, acquisition, business development with (a technical product or service) in a B2B environment
- Proven partnership development experience, preferably in the sporting, media and betting industries, with outstanding (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Commercial graduate (or higher) level qualification
- Experience in conducting and negotiating commercial agreements, often resolving conflicting needs of respective parties
- A clear priority in providing excellence in customer service
- Relationship management and strong networking skills
- Understanding of and passion for sports, in particular football, basketball and volleyball
- End-to-end sales/acquisition cycle management in a B2B environment
Skills & Abilities
- Proven networking and relationship building skills, with a strong capacity to influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands, whilst staying focused to achieve business goals, including revenue
- Strong presentation skills and presence â€“ an ability to represent Genius Sports through public forums and to clearly articulate and comprehend product and business objectives
- Ability to understand and interpret technical concepts from a business/commercial perspective
- Ability to pro-actively recognise and prepare for opportunities borne by new and emerging market and technology developments
- Ability to identify and champion opportunities from market scanning and/or unmet customer needs
- Ability to motivate and be persuasive in gaining support for ideas and opportunities (especially with internal stakeholders)
- Aptitude to liaise with senior management and legal counsel on contractual matters
- Team Player
|Job Category||Business Development|
|Salary||A competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience|