Account Manager – SportsTech – EMEA
Commercial / London, England, United Kingdom
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
- Manage sport customer accounts, as directed, in EMEA region to ensure requirements are understood, demands met and issues dealt with and resolved effectively and promptly
- Have a broad understanding of the clients’ organisations and build strong relationships with contacts in their business
- Assist team across your region in retaining and upselling allocated customers, as well as identifying new business opportunities
- Responsibility for formulating key commercial strategies via Account Plans to drive revenue growth across our customer base in conjunction with Customer Success Managers and Commercial Partnership Managers
- Working closely with Implementation team to ensure onboarding process for customers is timely, transparent and efficient
- Use analytical skills to identify and solve complex problems, liaising with the customer, the operations team and all other areas of the business worldwide
- Ensure the speedy closure of deals, execute internal plans to completion and drive issues through to a resolution in consultation with Customer Success Managers and Commercial Partnership Managers
- Monitor customer performance against SLAs and internal targets and report findings to the business, as well as monitor contractual delivery both by customers but also by GSG
- Liaise with trading and support & implementation teams to monitor any issues that arise, identifying and escalating important issues as necessary
- Proactively support the Commercial Team with special/internal projects
- Responsible for formalising and maintaining regular client feedback systems
- Form an important bridge across many aspects of our business and work closely with teams based at other offices worldwide
- Diligent, timely and comprehensive reporting on all activities as required
- Reporting into the Senior Customer Success Manager - EMEA
- 4+ years in Customer Success / Account Management or similar commercial role
- Proven track record in utilizing processes and tools critical to Customer success
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to upsell and grow customer accounts
- Experience in any of the following industries is preferable: Sports Betting, SaaS, Technology, Media, Telecommunications, Ecommerce or in a similar fast-moving/tech company offering a bespoke product/ service
- Comprehensive use of industry-leading platforms like Salesforce, Power BI and Monday.com.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- A collaborative approach and able to foster effective stakeholder relationships
- Committed to excellence and providing a superior customer experience
- Demonstrates adaptability in fast-paced environment
- A love of sports and data
- English mandatory; second language a distinct plus
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include flexible working (50% of time spent in office), health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)